I love an excuse to cook loads of food – might have over-done it a little by making rice and noodles for 50 rather than 5 but it was fun – and leftovers are the best bit anyway! Did try to make fortune cookies but it wasn’t my lucky day…
1. Prawn Crackers – googled how to make them so bought them from Tesco(s)
2. Crispy Duck Pancakes – pancakes from Chinese supermarket 55p a packet, roasted duck legs brushed with a mixture of brown sugar, honey, soy sauce and Chinese 5 spice and julienned cucumber and spring onion.
3. BBQ Ribs – from the Butchers who put the BBQ sauce on for me! Put in the oven sealed in double foil on low for 1 hour, and then uncovered for 20 minutes.
4. Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls – trying out the deep fat fryer! Kept the batter really thick, it could have done with more flavour but they were crispy.
5. Satay Chicken Skewers (plus vege option) – own recipe – peanut butter, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, garlic, honey and water.
6. Vege Curry – used curry paste from the Chinese Supermarket that tastes EXACTLY like the curry from the Chinese – my favourite thing ever with potato, carrot, onion and broccoli.
7. Sweet and Sour Chicken – Tesco Value!
8. Vege Spring Rolls – spring onions, leek, pepper, carrot and bean sprouts julienned and dressed in soy sauce, honey and garlic wrapped in double filo pastry brushed with melted butter and baked in the oven.
9. Plain Chow Mein – half would have been enough oops ha! Stir fried onion, garlic and bean sprouts with noodles and added walnut oil and soy sauce.
10. Plain Boiled Rice – wasn’t allowed to attempt egg fried…